The Shopping Block This Saturday
What: Refinery 29 + Simon Mall Presents The Shopping Block
When: Saturday, October 18th; 12p.m. - 5p.m.
Where: Brea Mall Lower Level Court
1065 Brea Mall
Brea, CA 92821
This event is free and open to the public.
Jill Aiko Yee has been chosen by Refinery29 with 8 other local LA designers as part of the Shopping Block event. As an arbiter of style Refinery29 has put together this 6 city tour across the country to bring independent designers to a block party setting. Besides curating the up and coming designers at this Pop- up, Refinery29 built installations inspired by Dan Flavin and Donald Judd for merchandise display. Check out the Video of the events so far. Some of the other designers there this weekend are: HighLow Jewelry, Mimot Studios, Cult Gaia, and Clap Eyewear.
The Shopping Block Features:
- Meet the Refinery29 team and their local hosts.
- Stylist Concierge: The Shopping Block attendees will receive curated style guides that highlight fall’s biggest trends, and where to shop them at Simon retailers.
- Beauty Bars: Makeup artists will be on-hand at pop-up beauty bars to give shoppers mini makeovers, and share the latest beauty tips from the experts at Refinery29.
- DIY Station: personalize tote bags, taking inspiration from two fall 2014 runway trends – Sporty and Embellished. Each trend will have its own moodboard of inspiration pictures posted with a brief description and example of that tote. Guests will be given materials to create their own version of the tote. Brand Ambassadors will be on hand to help guests and explain the activation.
- Sweepstakes: enter to win a Simon shopping spree in the form of Simon Giftcards valued at $1,500.
Webstore is Live
The new webstore is up, and new items will be updated weekly! If you like what you have in your closet from Jill Aiko Yee, then check out the webstore, and see what more there is. I'll be posting some dip dye holiday items in the coming weeks, and always updating new pieces, whether they're one of a kind, or limited edition runs. So please stay tuned, and check back regularly. Link to store
Interview on the Entrepreneurial Voice
I had the pleasure of speaking with Jan McCarthy - founder of the Entrepreneurial Voice last week. Her company is dedicated to creating community through workshops, retreats, interviews, and events. We discussed the beginnings of the Jill Aiko Yee label, and my experiences in the fashion industry in her hour long weekly podcast. Our conversation helped me realize how much the brand has grown and changed since its start 3 years ago. Click to listen. Click to find out more about Jan and her company.